Ridley College (also known as RC or Ridley) is a private co-ed boarding and day university-preparatory school, with students from 30 countries. Ridley is considered to be one of the oldest private schools in Canada, with the largest boarding program in Ontario and a great tradition of education.
The school successfully combines the old tradition with the latest technologies. Ridley is well known for its equipped classrooms and laboratories, dedicated teaching staff and diverse international student community. Each student from 9 to 12 grade has a personal MacBook, use of which is an integral part of the educational process. The school focuses on the development of analytical thinking, creative approach to problem solving, as well as leadership qualities of students. Students have the option to earn both the International Baccalaureate and the Ontario Secondary School Diploma.
- International Experience: With students from over 40 countries, Ridley truly is an international school. You can hear many different languages as you walk down the halls of Ridley. Learn about a new country and culture from friends from all over the world!
- Small class sizes, individual attention: Students receive one on one time with teachers; there are tutorial hours during the day and evening during study time. Ridley College also has a Learning Centre for students in need for extra academic attention.
- Largest boarding programme in Ontario and second in Canada: There are ten houses on the Ridley College campus, four girls houses, five boys houses and a junior boarding house for students in Grade 5 and up. There is always something to do on the weekends. Students attend class on Saturday morning, participate in sports, hang out with friends and enjoy planned activities on and off campus. During long weekends and holidays, planned Duke of Edinburgh trips include: dogsledding, horseback riding and canoeing trips take place as well as trips to New York City and service trips to El Salvador and China.
- Hands on Learning: Ridley students learn by doing. Extract DNA from a jelly fish and insert it into E Coli to make it glow, direct a play in IB Theatre class, create a working knee joint in Exercise science class.
- International Baccalaureate Programme: Ridley College is a certified International Baccalaureate diploma programme and Primary Years Programme school. We also offer the internationally recognized Ontario Secondary School Diploma.
The college is located in a small beautiful town St. Catherine in Ontario near Lake Ontario and Niagara Falls, only 70 minutes from Toronto, and a 40-minute drive from the city of Buffalo (NY, USA).
Ridley College covers an area of 36 hectares and surrounded by a huge area of green lawns and trees, with buildings of middle and high schools, 10 residences, tennis courts, playing fields, running track, indoor pool, tennis courts squash courts, gymnasium and more.
Ridley College was founded in 1889, by a group of Anglican clergymen seeking to provide boys in Ontario with an education that emphasized strong academic and religious values.Named after Bishop Nicholas Ridley, a 16th-century English churchman, the school was originally known as Bishop Ridley College.
The main mission of Ridley College is to provide students with the inspiring studying environment that helps students to expand their potential through knowledge, discovery and social responsibility.
- Integrity - Unbending strict observance of moral or ethical code
- Knowledge - Seeking intellectual stimulation
- Respect for Community - Respect for each other and community environment
- Personal Growth through Perseverance - Lifelong learning and self-aware willingness to test one’s limits and to see things through to completion